You find that, in addition to the set of old Malaysian brush stroke jungle camo, badged up as a Royal Malaysian Air Force Brigadier General (indeed, it was given to me by a retired one!) which is marvellous but no way I will ever be able to wear it, somewhere down the line, I also acquired a larger set that actually fit me!
All this while I was sorting out my collection (suspect accumulation is a more accurate description) with a view to... gasp thinning it out.
So far on the hit list, coming soon to an eBay or airsoft forum near you:
- US ACU. Despite my nintendoflage fetish, I just don't like the look of it. There's also the matter of an awful lot of people I know referring to it as "I can CU". I also heard it acknowledged as a universal camouflage all right: it's equally mediocre in all environments, with the possible exception of certain sofas:
- Chinese Special Forces digital camo. It just strikes me as too much of a MARPAT knockoff, just less comfortable!
- US woodland. TBH, I only ever bought this stuff for Stargate cons and the chances of me ever going to another are pretty damned slim
- 2 sets of current Malaysian zebra woodland. Both a tad snug around the trousers, one jacket actually too big - it came from a set I recently acquired which actually has trousers that fit me nicely. However, I'm keeping the jacket from one of the earlier sets which is nicely badged up as a para Captain. Only thing is the name tape says Jamaludin!
- US Vietnam pattern tropical ripstop. Appears to have er... shrunk in storage...
- Assorted headgear (mainly Dutch DPM) and trousers (mainly OD of various sorts)
Also not too sure about whether to keep the Singaporean woodland...