Stolen from cobrabay
This is the list of the 50 most-visited tourist attractions in the world. They left out pilgrimage stuff like Mecca, but put in Notre Dame because it's usually visited by tourists as an architectural wonder, not religious pilgrims.
Bold where you've been, italicize where you WANT to go, and name one place you want to go that is NOT on the list.1. Times Square, New York City, NY: 35 million visitors every year2. National Mall & Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C. (Washington Monument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, the war memorials): About 25 million3. Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.: 16.6 million4. Trafalgar Square, London, England: 15 million
5. Disneyland Park, Anaheim, Calif.: 14.7 million6. Niagara Falls, Ontario and New York: 14 million7. Fisherman’s Wharf/Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, Calif.: 13 million
8. Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea, Tokyo, Japan: 12.9 million9. Notre Dame de Paris, Paris, France: 12 million
10. Disneyland Paris, Marne-La-Vallee, France: 10.6 million11. The Great Wall of China, Badaling area, China: About 10 million
12. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Tennessee/North Carolina: 9.2 million
13. Universal Studios Japan, Osaka, Japan: 8.5 million14. Basilique du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre, Paris, France: 8 million15. Musée du Louvre, Paris, France: 7.5 million
16. Everland (amusement park), Kyonggi-Do, South Korea: 7.5 million17. The Forbidden City/Tiananmen Square, Beijing, China: At least 7 million18. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France: 6.7 million
19. Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando, Fla: 6 million
20. SeaWorld Florida, Orlando, Fla: 5,740,00021. Pleasure Beach (amusement park), Blackpool, England: 5.7 million
22. Lotte World (amusement park), Seoul, South Korea: 5.5 million
23. Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Japan: 5.4 million
24. Hong Kong Disneyland, China: 5.2 million25. Centre Pompidou, Paris, France: 5.1 million26. Tate Modern, London, England: 4.9 million27. British Museum, London, England: 4.8 million28. Universal Studios Los Angeles, Calif.: 4.7 million29. National Gallery, London, England: 4.6 million30. Metropolitan Museum, New York, NY: 4.5 million31. Grand Canyon, Ariz.: 4.4 million32. Tivoli Gardens (amusement park), Copenhagen, Denmark: 4.4 million
33. Ocean Park (amusement park), Hong Kong, China: 4.38 million
34. Busch Gardens (amusement park), Tampa Bay, Fla.: 4.36 million35. SeaWorld California, San Diego, Calif.: 4.26 million36. Statue of Liberty, New York, NY: 4.24 million37. The Vatican and its museums, Rome, Italy: 4.2 million38. Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia: More than 4 million39. The Coliseum, Rome, Italy: 4 million
40. American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY: 4 million41. Grauman’s Chinese Theater, Hollywood, Calif.: 4 million42. Empire State Building, New York, NY: 4 million43. Natural History Museum, London, England: 3.7 million 44. The London Eye, London, England: 3.5 million (Most recent of the list, was on it in March)45. Palace of Versailles, France: 3.45 million46. Yosemite National Park, Calif.: 3.44 million47. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt: 3 million48. Pompeii, Italy: 2.5 million49. Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia: 2.5 million50. Taj Mahal, Agra, India: 2.4 million
The recent additions51. Angel Falls, Venezuela52. Pyramid Kukulcan in Chichen Itza, Yucatan Mexico53. Temple of the Descending God in Tulum, Quintana Roo Mexico
54. Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica
55. Star Trek: The Experience, Las Vegas, NV
56. Space Needle Seattle, WA57. Machu Pichu, Peru
59. The Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy
60. The Terracotta Army, Xi'an, China
Been to 34. Hmm... must try harder.
Spent last two days in the Hamnersmith office grabbing files for next project. Was invited along to a softball and beers session after work today, a pleasant way to get to know them but it did mean I had miss the Farscape pub meet.
I was also struck by how many people in the pub after the game were cheering on AC Milan rather than Man U.
Got most of my gear together for the muster at Lulworth except for one thing: buggered if I can find my britches. WTF? It's not like it's an item I wear terribly often...