- A group watching of The Web, Couch Potato-style, with much irreverent commentary at the likes of "What is it?" "It's rubbing against the hull and it's getting thicker", all for a discussion thread on the Horizon forum
- Putting together a fan/TN version of Apples to Apples (card game which involves playing the most "appropriate" card to match a given word). Scary how frequently I or Brian Cooney seemed to be the most er... entertaining card to play...
- Watching Doctor Who together. Personally, I thought it was pretty good, Martha's certainly made a better first impression than Rose did.
Most impressed by Sally and David's new kitchen. Even found myself checking out kitchen and bathroom stuff at Homebase when David and I ventured into town in search of some apparently rather unusual fuses (well, for Horsham anyway). God, I really must be getting old!
My parents, having said they'd check on dates and get back to me, actually came back to say they're flying in on 5 May. Yep, the Early May Bank Holiday when I'm supposed to be at the muster in Lulworth. Argh. Looks like I need to post them a key!
Got in touch with Simon, an old school friend, about our former Housemaster's retirement and was amazed to discover that this terribly well behaved, upright and downright swotty chap confirmed he'd heard and was relieved to know he hadn't been banned after the last Old Boys' dinner when he started a food fight and asked Barry Norman if Kiera Knightly was shit. Wow. Between that and Liz becoming a BSG and X-Men geek, I'm starting to worry about radical changes in all my long-term friends. Should probably check in with Mike and Phil to check they haven't joined the Foreign Legion or the Hare Krishnas or similar!
After prodding by various people, I've started watching Heroes. Yeah, pretty impressive so far. Definitely want to see where they're going with this.
Already getting BSG withdrawal symptoms, not that I expect to have problems with things to watch, between Heroes and having received my Amazon order which included Genesis and Resurrection of the Daleks. Can't see me rushing to tear the cellophane off Blake's 7 season 4 though...
Got confirmation of room booking from the Norbreck Castle for Decalogy. Similarly, my ticket for The Men They Couldn't Hang also arrived this morning.
Should be on the Norfolkes narrowboat trip but, alas, I passed initially due to concerns about holiday time and, when I realised the situation was better than expected, all slots on the boat had been taken. Ah well, another time.
Main questions for the week:
- Wednesday - do I go to the Farscape pub meet or try fencing at Haverstock or even LTFC?
- Similarly, Thursday - fencing at Saxon or B7 pub meet, especially given there's no fencing the following week due to hall resurfacing work?